As the temperature rises, your garden may be in need of a fresh look for the summer season. A few simple additions can make all the difference – and one of the most cost-effective yet impactful changes you can make is to install decking and railway sleepers. Let’s explore what these materials offer and how they can be used to create an outdoor space you’ll love.
Timber Decking Benefits
As a Somerset timber supplier, we know that decking is a great material to use if you want to create a unique space that looks stylish and modern but is still comfortable enough to walk on barefoot. Timber decking comes in various styles and sizes, making it easy to find something that fits your budget and compliments your existing garden design. It’s also incredibly durable, so it won’t warp or bend over time – perfect for those hot summer days when you want to relax outdoors without worrying about damaging your wooden decking.
Wooden Railway Sleepers For The Garden
Old wooden railway sleepers are another great option when it comes to transforming your garden into a place you’ll love spending time in this summer. They provide an attractive contrast with their natural wood texture, giving your garden an instant rustic feel – perfect for BBQs or relaxed evening dinners outside. Railway sleepers are also incredibly versatile; not only can you use reclaimed sleepers them as edging around flower beds or paths, but they can also be used as steps or decks themselves!
Practical Ideas For Your Decking and Sleepers
There are several ways that you can use timber decking and railway sleepers to transform the look and use of a garden for summer:
- Use timber decking to create a comfortable outdoor living space: Decking can provide a flat, stable surface for outdoor furniture and can be used to create a comfortable outdoor living space for entertaining or relaxing.
- Add railings or balustrades for safety: If your timber deck is raised off the ground, consider adding railings or balustrades for safety. This can also provide a visual barrier to help define the space.
- Use wooden railway sleepers to create raised beds or borders: Railway sleepers for the garden can be used to create raised beds or borders in your garden, which can be a great way to add interest and structure to your outdoor space.
- Use old railway sleepers to build retaining walls: If your garden has a slope, railway sleepers can be used to build retaining walls to help level out the ground and create usable space.
- Add seating with railway sleepers: Old and new railway sleepers can also be used to create seating or benches in your garden, which can be a great way to add an element of comfort and functionality to your outdoor space.
By using decking and railway sleepers in these ways, you can transform your garden into a functional and attractive outdoor living space that you can enjoy all summer long.
Decking and Railway Sleepers – Unique Uses
No matter what style of garden design you have in mind, combining timber decking and railway sleepers will help bring it to life. Whether you’re looking for something low-maintenance that provides extra seating areas or a more rustic style that uses railway sleepers as pathways or benches, there are plenty of ways to get creative with both materials. If you really want to stand out from the crowd, why not combine both materials together? You could use oak railway sleepers as steps leading up onto a raised platform made from decking boards – creating an eye-catching feature that will draw attention from anyone who visits your outdoor area!
Transform Your Outdoor Space For Summer
Looking after your outdoor space doesn’t have to be complicated – just by adding some decking boards and railway sleepers, you can easily transform your garden into an inviting oasis ready for summertime fun! With numerous styles available for both materials, there’s sure to be something that fits any budget while still achieving the desired effect. So don’t wait any longer – start planning now so that when summer hits, your garden will be ready!