When the days start getting longer, you may be thinking about giving your garden a little makeover ready for the spring season. If you’re considering adding timber decking to your garden, or to your business premises, now is the perfect time to start planning. You may also be a business or venue looking for decking for pub gardens or similar. Here’s everything you need to know to get started.
1. Decide on the purpose of your deck. Do you want a place to relax and enjoy the outdoors, entertain guests, or both? This will help you determine the size and layout of your deck. We are a Somerset timber desking supplier. We offer a range of timber decking deck boards, timber stair treads for decking, and all the timber to help your complete the structure.
2. Consider the Sun. Where does the sun hit your garden throughout the day? You’ll want to avoid putting your deck in a shady spot as it won’t be comfortable to use in the summer months. Choosing timber decking is opting for a flexible and natural decking material that can withstand and look good in direct sunlight as well as surviving other elements of the UK’s weather, including rain, frost, and snow. Our timber deckboards / decking boards Somerset, are machined in-house from a slow grown Scandinavian Redwood. Each one is high-pressure treated through our audited ISO9001 treatment process to ensure that it is resilient and durable.
3. Measure your space. Once you’ve decided on the purpose and location of your timber deck, it’s time to measure up so you can determine how much decking material you’ll need. Don’t forget to leave space for furniture! We can supply any amount of timber decking to ensure that however big your project is, you will be able to complete it in style using the best timber decking materials around.
4. Choose your materials. There are a variety of different materials for timber garden decking, so it’s important to choose one that suits your budget and style preferences. Popular options include wood, composite, and PVC. Clearly, timber decking offers considerable advantages in its natural appearance, flexibility as a building material, and it is a sustainable material that looks very natural in gardens. It is also very strong and durable.
5. Get started! Now that you’ve planned everything out, it’s time to get started on building your dream wooden garden deck. If you’re not confident in your DIY skills, there are plenty of deck builders in Somerset who would be happy to help.
South West England Timber Decking Supplier
Creating a beautiful deck from quality timber deck boards can be a great way to add value to your home and create an outdoor living space that you can enjoy all year round. By following these simple steps, you can ensure that your deck is designed and built perfectly to suit your needs and preferences. So what are you waiting for? Get planning today!